Votes

Omada Controller Temporary Block client who are Guessing a voucher code please update soon

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Omada Controller Temporary Block client who are Guessing a voucher code please update soon

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 03:08:58 - last edited 2019-10-28 03:15:43
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I need on Omada Controller  a Temporary Block client who are Guessing a voucher code

need aditional security feature 

*5 attemp guessing a code will automatically block for 1 hour

*show client mac address on log = many user here in my area have same phone so i need to determine who user is that. need aditional info of client

i have a client who are guessing every day  

please update soon...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Temporary Block client who are Guessing a voucher code please update soon
2019-12-20 04:37:16

@Filboxz i have the same problem. They should put a time intervals for every unsuccesful attempt and increase the security to alphanumeric code. Also the one guessing my voucher code is a vivo user as well.

Options
Re:Omada Controller Temporary Block client who are Guessing a voucher code please update soon
2019-12-30 00:20:00 - last edited 2019-12-30 00:22:01

I have the same problem. And I block them manually. I only unblock them when they try to legally connect with a valid voucher and complain that they can't connect to the wifi.

I just told them (a lie), that his/her device was automatically get locked after trying to guess invalid voucher codes.

On your screenshot, the one's with android-(then some numbers) are easy to manually block as those numbers are unique to each device.

The problem is, those vivo-(then some numbers) are not unique. They can represent different devices, not just one specific device. Same with iPhones. huawei and oppo phones.

Options
2020-07-10 10:16:16

@Filboxz 

TP Link please update your controller

Temporary Block client who are Guessing a voucher code

need aditional security feature 

*5 attemp guessing a code will automatically block for 1 hour

*show client mac address on log = many user here in my area have same phone so i need to determine who user is that. need aditional info of client

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2851

Replies: 3

Voters 2