Loosing WIFI connection every half-hour or so with EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-31 17:43:39 - last edited 2019-11-06 13:06:37
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

My TP-link access point (EAP245) is functioning but i am loosing WIFI contact every so often (often) and have to press the dark-green login button again to re-establish WIFI connection. How can I avoid this annoying problem? Hope someone can advise. I have read that others have experienced the same issue.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Loosing WIFI connection every half-hour or so with EAP245-Solution
2019-11-04 17:40:00 - last edited 2019-11-06 13:06:40

@forrest 

forrest wrote

@findaname 

Hello,

1. You say "i am loosing WIFI contact every so often (often) and have to press the dark-green login button again to re-establish WIFI connection". Do you mean you have the connection issue? Can you tell us more details about it?

2. What's the hardware version of your EAP245? V1 or V3? 

3. Please upgrade the firmware to the latest version. We will always add some new features and fix some bugs on the new firmware. 

Hi and thank you for your response.

1. Well, for example, when watching a film or using Spotify, my WIFI connection stops working after about every 30 minutes or so. I then must open my internet access area (Windows 10), 'disconnect' the wifi connect and then 'connect'. Shortly after this I am presented with a login screen and must press the green button on the screen in order to access the wifi connection. For information, my net browser is Mozilla Firefox.

2. My EAP245 is V1

3. According to your advice I am trying to upgrade the firmware. I have downloaded and extracted the relevant bin file but must use the Omada Controller to install the file - I understand. When attempting to run the Controller, I receive the error message:-

[2019-11-04 18:32:50] Write PID error...

Nothing seems to work correctly.

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-05 00:51:32 - last edited 2019-11-06 13:06:37

@findaname 

For your issue, please upgrade the firmware first. Let me tell you how to upgrade the firmware. 

1. You can use the Omada Controller to upgrade the firmware. But you say you met "Write PID error", actually I guess that you use the guest account to login the Win10. In this situation, we will meet this issue. Please run the Omada Controller in the administrator account.

2. If you manage the EAP in standalone mode, you can also upgrade your firmware directly. 

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Loosing WIFI connection every half-hour or so with EAP245
2019-11-04 05:35:08

@findaname 

Hello,

1. You say "i am loosing WIFI contact every so often (often) and have to press the dark-green login button again to re-establish WIFI connection". Do you mean you have the connection issue? Can you tell us more details about it?

3. Please upgrade the firmware to the latest version. We will always add some new features and fix some bugs on the new firmware. 

Options
2019-11-04 17:40:00 - last edited 2019-11-06 13:06:40

@forrest 

forrest wrote

@findaname 

Hello,

Hi and thank you for your response.

1. Well, for example, when watching a film or using Spotify, my WIFI connection stops working after about every 30 minutes or so. I then must open my internet access area (Windows 10), 'disconnect' the wifi connect and then 'connect'. Shortly after this I am presented with a login screen and must press the green button on the screen in order to access the wifi connection. For information, my net browser is Mozilla Firefox.

2. My EAP245 is V1

3. According to your advice I am trying to upgrade the firmware. I have downloaded and extracted the relevant bin file but must use the Omada Controller to install the file - I understand. When attempting to run the Controller, I receive the error message:-

[2019-11-04 18:32:50] Write PID error...

Nothing seems to work correctly.

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-05 00:51:32 - last edited 2019-11-06 13:06:37

@findaname 

For your issue, please upgrade the firmware first. Let me tell you how to upgrade the firmware. 

1. You can use the Omada Controller to upgrade the firmware. But you say you met "Write PID error", actually I guess that you use the guest account to login the Win10. In this situation, we will meet this issue. Please run the Omada Controller in the administrator account.

2. If you manage the EAP in standalone mode, you can also upgrade your firmware directly. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-05 20:04:13

@forrest 

Thank you for your help. I feel that we are moving forward, slowly.

I have reinstalled the Controller but find that when I try to run the Batch Update, I am informed that I have not enabled Cloud connection.

How do I do that from here?

Options
2019-11-05 20:29:02

@findaname 

I have apparently succeeded in partially activating a cloud function. Below is the picture received. Where to go from here??

I must confess that I find the TP user setup far from intuitive and not at all user-friendly. I have used hours on this already today and still no solution.

Options
2019-11-05 21:23:26

@findaname 

As per your instructions, logged on as administrator, things move forward. However, when I atstemt the firmware upgrade under Batch Upgrade, when I clidk on Check for Firmware Upgrade, I am told to 'Bind TP-link ID first'. What does that mean?

As I said previously, nothing here is intuitive.

Options
2019-11-06 01:03:15

@findaname 

If we want to use the batch upgrade feature, we need to bind the Controller to our TP-LInk ID first. After you bind the TP-Link ID, go to Site Settings > Batch Upgrade and you can upgrade your firmware. 

You can also upgrade the firmware directly. You need to download the latest firmware from the website, and upgrade the firmware manually.

Options
2019-11-06 13:04:45

@forrest 

Thanks for your reply.

I still don't see how I can 'bind'. However, I have succeeded in downloading the latest Firmware for my unit, but when attempting to install it, I received the message that my current Firmware is the most up-to-date (from 2018). So, the problem with constantly losing contact with the WIFI, is apparently not because of outdated firmware.

The good news, however, is that, after cancelling everything in the TP setup and starting again from scratch (or almost perhaps), I now have one channel working and it appears to run continuously, without losing WIFI contact. So, if this continues, then I shall let sleeping dogs lie and just live with the one operative channel of the TP.

Thanks for your attention,

Kind regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1647

Replies: 8