Omada portal not working on Macs or any other browser on pc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-05 09:59:33
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have setup the Omada portal which is working for all mobile devices.. However, when I goto log in on a PC it does not work on any browser apart from Internet Explorer. I also had a guest come in today using a MAC and it was just not working.. Any ideas on what could be causing the issue??

I have downloaded and upgraded to the latest verion of Omada Controller

Regards

Dean

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada portal not working on Macs or any other browser on pc
2019-11-05 11:14:46 - last edited 2019-11-05 11:20:46

On systems running older operating systems versions you will have to start a browser and load a website (any website) to force a hotspot portal to appear. This even applies to smart phones running an old OS. A modern OS loads a specific website automatically when connecting to a WLAN, this technique is called »Network Awareness Test«.

A portal never appears by itself, it always needs a request for a web page to be able to redirect the browser to the portal instead, either initiated by the user or by the OS.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Omada portal not working on Macs or any other browser on pc
2019-11-05 11:25:24

@R1D2 Thank you so much for a speedy response.. I will test it out

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 943

Replies: 2