What is the best way to setup CPE210 for multiple Ring cameras far apart?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-06 16:19:48 - last edited 2019-11-07 00:38:52
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a business with four large metal warehouse buildings about 100ft apart and I want Ring cameras at various spots around the buildings.  The WIFI router is in the office building at the far end of the property.  If I setup one CPE210 on the office building facing the other buildings as an access point, it may  be able to transmit WIFI to all the cameras, but the camera will be too far to transmit back.  I'm assuming if I buy two CPE210 units for point to point that one has to be transmit and one set to receive with an access point hooked up to it for the remote network, correct?  So what if I need a third CPE210?  Can I make the third unit a transmit and receive unit at the furthest metal building connected to the remote access point?  Is there a recommended outdoor access point to use in conjunction with the CPE210 when you have two setup for point to point?

Options
1 Reply
Re:What is the best way to setup CPE210 for multiple Ring cameras far apart?
2019-11-07 19:21:09

@pfylip 

Usually, I used WBS210+TL-ANT2415MS as the base station and IP-cameras, connected by cable to several CPE210. Yes, you can configure point-to-multipoint (WBS - AP, CPEs-Clients.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1118

Replies: 1