omada controller cannot find forgotten AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-26 19:18:07
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

HI

I could setup my EAP at home with my phone and then manage it with the omada controller installed on my laptop.

Then I wanted to set it up at work.

I made the omada controller forget the AP and then reset the app from my phone.

Now I the omada controller cannot detect the AP (nothing in pending). But I can still access my EAP with the IP address, or I can set it up with my phone.

I tried several things

setup with the app on my phone

launch omada controller

setup via tpeaplink.net

launch omada controller

uninstall omada controller and delete all data during the process

launch omada controller

Each time I reset the EAP from my phone

Options
8 Reply
Re:omada controller cannot find forgotten AP
2019-11-26 21:45:57 - last edited 2019-11-27 01:47:16

Set the EAP to factory defaults by pressing the RESET button for 5-7 seconds until its LED indicates a successful reset.

Forgetting the EAP won't reset the EAP if you disconnect it before; it just makes the controller forget eveyrthing about this EAP. To have it reset when forgetting, it must still be connected to the controller. Thus, before disconnecting it from the network when forgetting, wait until it is reported in the controller as pending. Then you can move it to another controller without a hard reset.

BTW: it's the EAP which needs to find a controller, not the controller which finds an EAP (it doesn't search for EAPs, but EAPs »search« for a controller).

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2019-11-27 00:38:54

Hello @kaina ,

Please make sure that your Controller host (laptop) is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. 

You can also close the firewall or anti-virus on the Controller host and have a try. 

Are your EAP and the Controller in the same subnet? If not, you need to use Discovery Utility to find the EAP first.  

Options
2019-11-29 02:59:29

@R1D2 

I just found out there might be a reset button on the EAP. I was pressing the one on the passive PoE adapter.

Since English is not my mother tongue, there may be some things I misread and/or misunderstood.

I will try tomorrow

Thanks

Options
2019-11-29 03:02:53

@forrest 

Unfortunatey I don't have any laptop supporting omada controller that can connect via an ethernet cable. I will try a (real) factory reset.

I will try to borrow a laptop if that doesn't solve my problem.

Thanks

Options
2019-11-29 10:51:27

kaina wrote

I just found out there might be a reset button on the EAP. I was pressing the one on the passive PoE adapter.

The RESET button on the PoE adapter does not work with EAPs (tested with EAP225 and EAP225-Outdoor).

You need to press the RESET button on the EAP. 

Options
2019-11-29 18:46:06

@R1D2 

I reset the EAP (the LED flashed red orange and green), but it is still not showing in my omada controller. I can access it through tpeaplink.net or using the MAC address.

Is it normal that the firmware wasn't reset ?

I even unsinstalled omada controller and erased all data from my computer.

I guess i will try again (maybe at home) and find a pc that can connect with an ethernet cable.

Options
2019-11-29 22:07:14

@kaina, if the LEDs flash red-orange-green, the factory reset was successful. The EAP will reboot thereafter.

It's important to not log into the EAP's web UI, else you select stand-alone management mode and the EAP will not try to connect with a controller.

Options
2019-12-02 00:57:44

@kaina 

You have reseted the EAP successfully and you still cannot find the EAP on the Omada Controller host, please install the Discovery Utility on your PC, just to check if the Discovery tool can find the EAP device. 

By the way, your EAP and Controller are both connected to the router, yes? Because if they are not in the subnet, they cannot communicate with eath other directly. 

You can also try to ping the EAP on the PC, if you cannot ping it successfully, we should focus on the connection between them. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8505

Replies: 8