Did EA245 firmware 2.3.0 get pulled?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-08 16:22:07
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.0

Earlier this week I noticed new firmware available for the EA245 version 2.3.0. I installed it on both my AP's and had nothing but trouble with clients connecting. They would connect but not get a DHCP address.

I just checked the website and the latest for v3 hardware is back to 2.2.0. I downgraded one access point and all the problems are gone for clients connecting to it. Did TP-link pull it???

See screenshot below showing 2.3.0 which is not available on the UK website now....

I

Options
1 Reply
Re:Did EA245 firmware 2.3.0 get pulled?
2019-12-09 00:52:17

Hello @sportq , 

Actually, the latest firmware of EAP is 2.3.0, you can download it from the offical website: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap245/#Firmware

From your description, I think I met the same issue in our lab before. It is not a bug, we have fixed a bug about VLAN in this firmware. 

I guess you have configured VLAN on your network, please also enable wireless VLAN when you create SSID, or the client devices cannot get IP address from the EAP. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 789

Replies: 1

Related Articles