WPA-Enterprise Tunnel-Private-Group-Id has no effect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-13 22:58:25
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Yesterday, we tried to change our devices to WPA-Enterprise.

Anything is working as expected, with an exception: the Tunnel-Private-Group-Id attribute doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any device will dropped to the untagged network, the EAP is connected to, if Wireless-VLAN is set to disabled.

If it is set to enabled, any device is dropped to the given "static" VLAN-ID and not the one in Tunnel-Private-Group-Id attribute.

I checked the radius server configuration but didn't find any error. If I connect an Archer C7 to the same network and radius server, anything is working fine and the VLAN-ID is assigned correctly.

So why the EAP devices doesn't seem to support Tunnel-Private-Group-Id? I just bought 20 devices and it would be a mess, if this is not working OOB.

What's going on there?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA-Enterprise Tunnel-Private-Group-Id has no effect
2019-12-16 00:40:18

0llli wrote

Yesterday, we tried to change our devices to WPA-Enterprise.

Anything is working as expected, with an exception: the Tunnel-Private-Group-Id attribute doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any device will dropped to the untagged network, the EAP is connected to, if Wireless-VLAN is set to disabled.

If it is set to enabled, any device is dropped to the given "static" VLAN-ID and not the one in Tunnel-Private-Group-Id attribute.

@0llli 

The attribute « Tunnel-Private-Group-Id » is mainly used to assign VLAN for the users. So do you mean that the clients cannot be assign VLAN? How do you test it? Please tell us your network topology, it will be useful for us to troubleshoot your issue.

By the way, we have changed the mechanism of the VLAN on the latest firmware. Try to upgrade your firmware to the latest version. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 1

Related Articles