Mesh for EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mesh for EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mesh for EAP245
Mesh for EAP245
2019-12-13 23:07:16
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi @ll,

I bought some EAP245, because I needed an additional Ethernet port.

The devices are working fine, if the TX-Power is set to low value.

Because two of the devices are placed at different levels, working with the same Wifi-Group, they seem to interfere each other, while setting TX-Power to higher levels. On high TX-Power I can see many devices dropping their connections and trying to change to the next WAP. This makes devices, in near of both WAPs, "jumping" around between these two WAPs and disconnecting every few seconds.

I tried to remove the EAP245 and therefore placed some EAP225 at the same positions. No disconnects, fast-roaming works like a charm.

The difference is, the EAP225 are working in MESH mode, while the EAP245 doesn't support MESH.

Is there a way, TP-Link will get the MESH stuff working on EAP245? I don't like to buy some 100 meters of additional cable and send 10 EAP245 devices to hell and replace them with EAP225.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh for EAP245
2019-12-16 00:27:57

@0llli We have the plan to add mesh on EAP245 V3.0, amd we are making the firmware. When we finish it, we will release it on the website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1324

Replies: 1

Related Articles