guest wifi portal authentication failed because the connection to omada controller has been lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

guest wifi portal authentication failed because the connection to omada controller has been lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-23 17:57:22 - last edited 2019-12-24 02:51:47
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: EAP225(US)_V3_2.6.0 Build 20190726

I have three EAP 225 V3 with the latest firmware update (EAP225(US)_V3_2.6.0 Build 20190726) and omada controller software Omada_Controller_v3.2.4_Windows64bit running on a Windows 10 laptop.

I was working earlier with omada controller software Omada_Controller_V3.0.5_Windows64bit and when I turned off my computer and the omada controller software I have no problem with my guests connecting to the default portal for authentication.

Since I updated as much firmware for EAP’s as for the omada controller software if I turned off my laptop and the omada controller software whenever my guest try to connect to my guest wifi portal they get the following message

authentication failed because the connection to omada controller has been lost

My wifi is set to simple password and was working fine before I upgraded, As I understand the wifi guest portal should work fine even if the omada controller software is offline?

Please any help is welcome.

Options
3 Reply
Re:guest wifi portal authentication failed because the connection to omada controller has been lost
2019-12-24 00:51:48 - last edited 2019-12-24 02:51:47

@jc_cabrera 

Actually, if you want to run the portal normally, you should keep the Omada Controller running all the time, we have a faq about this, please refer to the faq: Do I need to keep Controller running when using portal authentication?

In the old firmware, there is a bug about the protal, that is, when we close the Omada Controller, the client devcies can still login to the portal SSID and access the internet. Other customers also give us feedback about this bug, please refer to the website: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/162746?page=1

In the latest firmware, we have fixed this bug, that is, if you want to use the portal normally, you should keep the Omada Contorller running all the time. 

Options
Re:guest wifi portal authentication failed because the connection to omada controller has been lost
2019-12-24 15:14:07

@jc_cabrera 

Hello and thanks for your reply, but I am confused because in this article

https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/2051/

In this article was updated on  06-28-2019

1. Features are available and can be configured both on Controller and EAPs in Standalone mode. If the EAP/Omada Controller is offline, this kinds of features configured with EAP/Omada Controller still work with EAPs.

We list the following features which are available and can be configured both on Controller and EAPs in Standalone mode. When these features are configured on the Controller with EAP adopted, Controller issues the configuration to the connected EAPs. When the EAP Controller is offline, configuration keeps working because it has been saved on EAPs.

• Portal: No Authentication, Simple Password, External Radius Server
  • Mac Filter
  • Scheduler (Wi-Fi)
  • LED
  • SSH
  • Management VLAN
  • Load Balance
  • SSID Isolation
  • SSID broadcast
  • Airtime Fairness (only available on EAP330, EAP320, EAP225-Outdoor)

It said that the portal must still works with the omada controller offline, and I am using simple password. Is this article not valid anymore?

I hope to know from you soon

best regards
Options
2022-02-01 16:50:04
Cabrera, pudiste solucionar el problema? a mi me pasa exactamente lo mismo, si apago el controlador, deja de funcionar el portal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6293

Replies: 3