EAP100 disconnected in Omada Controller.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-10 21:39:59 - last edited 2020-01-13 00:29:45
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.3.0

Can anyone give me an idea how to fix the eap110 ourdoot on omada controller software. here's what happened every time i try to connect the eap110 on omada software, its always disconnect. after disconnected i cant find the ip address of the eap110, and the ssid that i've created on eap110. Thanks for helping.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP100 disconnected in Omada Controller.-Solution
2020-01-13 00:29:39 - last edited 2020-01-13 00:29:45

puka21 wrote

Can anyone give me an idea how to fix the eap110 ourdoot on omada controller software. here's what happened every time i try to connect the eap110 on omada software, its always disconnect. 

Do you mean when you try to adopt the EAP110-Outdoor on the Omada Controller, the EAP will be disconnected from the Omada Controller? Let me tell you the processo of the adopting EAP. 

When the Omada Controller detects EAP, we can find EAP on the pending list. In this situation, we can click "adopt" to adopt the EAP, then the EAP will be connected on the Controller. And all configuration we set on the Controller will be issued to the EAP. 

For your issue, I guess that before you adopt the EAP by the Omada Controller, you have already set the EAP in Standalone mode. (Because you said the SSID and IP have been lost.) You have set the IP address for the EAP, but we should know one point here, that is the Omada Controller can only manage the EAP when they are in the same subnet. I think your EAP disconnects from the Controller because they are not in the same subnet. 

Don't set IP for the EAP and just connect the EAP and Controller host to the router, they will get IP address in the same subent. In this situation, you will be able to adopt the EAP on the Omada Controller.

puka21 wrote

After disconnected i cant find the ip address of the eap110, and the ssid that i've created on eap110. Thanks for helping.

When the EAP is adopted by the Omada Controller, all configuration we set in the Standalone mode will be lost. That is, the EAP will be reset first when it is adopted by the Omada Controller. Therefore, it is normal that you can not find the SSID and IP address of the EAP.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP100 disconnected in Omada Controller.-Solution
2020-01-13 00:29:39 - last edited 2020-01-13 00:29:45

puka21 wrote

Can anyone give me an idea how to fix the eap110 ourdoot on omada controller software. here's what happened every time i try to connect the eap110 on omada software, its always disconnect. 

Do you mean when you try to adopt the EAP110-Outdoor on the Omada Controller, the EAP will be disconnected from the Omada Controller? Let me tell you the processo of the adopting EAP. 

When the Omada Controller detects EAP, we can find EAP on the pending list. In this situation, we can click "adopt" to adopt the EAP, then the EAP will be connected on the Controller. And all configuration we set on the Controller will be issued to the EAP. 

For your issue, I guess that before you adopt the EAP by the Omada Controller, you have already set the EAP in Standalone mode. (Because you said the SSID and IP have been lost.) You have set the IP address for the EAP, but we should know one point here, that is the Omada Controller can only manage the EAP when they are in the same subnet. I think your EAP disconnects from the Controller because they are not in the same subnet. 

Don't set IP for the EAP and just connect the EAP and Controller host to the router, they will get IP address in the same subent. In this situation, you will be able to adopt the EAP on the Omada Controller.

puka21 wrote

After disconnected i cant find the ip address of the eap110, and the ssid that i've created on eap110. Thanks for helping.

When the EAP is adopted by the Omada Controller, all configuration we set in the Standalone mode will be lost. That is, the EAP will be reset first when it is adopted by the Omada Controller. Therefore, it is normal that you can not find the SSID and IP address of the EAP.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2329

Replies: 1