Feature request: Ability to tag/name clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-11 21:30:08

Hi,

I've setup a small wireless network consisting of a couple of EAP245s and EAP225s and I'm running the Omada Controller Software at version 3.2.1

I found that the Omada Controller Software is really bare bones and as afaics there is no bug tracker, so I thought I might raise the issues here. If that is not an appropriate place, feel free to redirect me elsewhere.

In my network, there are multiple clients, which do not send a proper hostname when asking for a DHCP address.

The result is, that they are all listed with the name "unknown" under Clients in the Omada Controller. This is really cumbersome.

I'd like to ability to add names/aliases/tags to clients, so I can easily identify them and I don't have to memorize the MAC address for all of them.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature request: Ability to tag/name clients
2020-01-11 21:31:54

Or android clients, which use a name like android-12345679asdf are not really helpful either

Options
2020-01-13 00:10:34

@ASCII 

you are not alone...Ive been waiting for this very important feature.

Options
2020-01-13 00:15:18

@ASCII 

Thank you for your reply.

We have the plan to add this feature in later version of Omada Controller, so that you can modify the hostname. 
When we finish it, we will release it to our website. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1231

Replies: 3