[Feature request] Make it more obvious if radio has been turned off due to wifi schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Feature request] Make it more obvious if radio has been turned off due to wifi schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-28 23:27:26

Hi,

I've setup a schedule to turn off radio for a bunch of APs (via Wireless Control -> Scheduler / Scheduler Associations) during a given time frame (I want to turn of radio in certain parts of the house during night).

Unfortunately, it's not easy to see if that schedule is active or not.

What I'd like to see is

a/ a log message when radio has been turned off(and on) due to a schedule

b/ a visiual indication in the web frontend / App if an AP's radio has been turned off.

Options
4 Reply
Re:[Feature request] Make it more obvious if radio has been turned off due to wifi schedule
2020-02-04 12:05:09

@ASCII 

Now we have no log about the scheduler settings. But I think your suggestion is useful, I will add it to our suggestion list first. 

By the way, normally, when we set the scheduler, we will see "OK", it means we set the scheduler successfully. 

Options
Re:[Feature request] Make it more obvious if radio has been turned off due to wifi schedule
2020-02-04 12:43:21

@forrest, I support this feature, too. Please add my vote for it. Thanks!

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-02-21 03:30:51

Is there a way to have a SSID radio off as default, and turn it on with the schedule function. I'm trying to get this set up for a guest network. I don't want the whole radio turned off, just the guest SSID. I have another thread going trying to get this accomplished.

Options
2020-02-24 10:59:20

@Hockeyfreak 

You can achieve this demand by using the Scheduler Association.

Options