How to Configure the WAN settings of a TL-R470T+ Load Balancer to work with a Viasat Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to Configure the WAN settings of a TL-R470T+ Load Balancer to work with a Viasat Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-02 01:08:04 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:32:15
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: v6

I spent one day already getting my new Load Balancer (TL-R470T+  Load Balancing Router) configured to pass data through its WAN port to a CenturyLink Gateway. The trick was to put the CenturyLink modem in a "Transparent Bridge" state and set the WAN port settings of the Load Balancer appropriately using the same PPPoE settings that were used to set up the CenturyLink modem initially (I did have to chat with CenturyLink agents to determine what type of transparent bridge to set). I'm still not 100% about it, but it seems to be working somewhat OK at least...

But now I am trying to connect my second ISP's gateway (from Viasat) up to the WAN2 port of the Load Balancer, and I am having problems. I have (perhaps prematurely) put the Viasat gateway into a "Bridge" mode, which disabled it's wifi functionality, and now I presume I need to configure the WAN2 settings appropriately in the Load Balancer, but I have no idea where to start since the Viasat Gateway did not require the same obvious PPPoE credentials to set up as did the CenturyLink gateway.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for how to set up a WAN port on a TP-link Load Balancer to connect to a Viasat gateway?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to Configure the WAN settings of a TL-R470T+ Load Balancer to work with a Viasat Gateway
2020-02-04 13:49:00 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:32:15

@DamianKaelGreen 

If your Viasat gateway uses Router mode (has DHCP server), then set R470T+ WAN as dynamic IP address.

If your Viasat gateway uses bridge mode, then R470T+ WAN should follow your ISP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4831

Replies: 1