How to move omada controler to other TP-Link ID ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 15:23:48 - last edited 2020-03-23 01:34:39

At first - sorry for my english.

We have several offices in our organization with running networks based on OC200 controllers. Since the person who had previously supervised these networks changed their position, it is necessary to change the administrator's e-mail address. Because the offices are in several cities and surveillance is mainly remote via the cloud, is there any possibility to migrate controllers to another TP-Link ID with a different email address without physical access to the devices?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to move omada controler to other TP-Link ID ?-Solution
2020-03-23 01:34:33 - last edited 2020-03-23 01:34:39

@Wieca 

You can login to the OC200 via the Omada Cloud, then add another cloud user in the cloud access. 

Let me give an example here:

If I bind my TP-Link ID (admin1@tp-link.com) first to my OC200, then I can access the omada.tplinkcloud.com and use my count (admin1@tp-link.com) to login to the OC200.

After that, I can enable cloud access and bind my second TP-LInk ID (admin2@tp-link.com) to the OC200.

Note: When we add the second cloud user, we can only choose the Operator or Observer role, so the permission will be limited.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to move omada controler to other TP-Link ID ?-Solution
2020-03-23 01:34:33 - last edited 2020-03-23 01:34:39

@Wieca 

You can login to the OC200 via the Omada Cloud, then add another cloud user in the cloud access. 

Let me give an example here:

If I bind my TP-Link ID (admin1@tp-link.com) first to my OC200, then I can access the omada.tplinkcloud.com and use my count (admin1@tp-link.com) to login to the OC200.

After that, I can enable cloud access and bind my second TP-LInk ID (admin2@tp-link.com) to the OC200.

Note: When we add the second cloud user, we can only choose the Operator or Observer role, so the permission will be limited.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2925

Replies: 1