TP-Link EAP245 WLAN Access Point, how to extend my home WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 17:56:17 - last edited 2020-03-26 07:38:23
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

at moment I have one EAP245 running. The cable is connected directly to my DSL router. It runs, the access point works ...

But there are area with to less WIFI signal. I would install an additional access point. 

Is it possible to install an additional access point with a new link to my DSL router? Answer: I think, yes!

But, I like to have only one SSID, password, etc. with central managment. Is this possible with th EAP245?

And which software and item do I need?

Thank You!

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link EAP245 WLAN Access Point, how to extend my home WIFI
2020-03-28 22:40:41

@MatthiasBTH Certainly.  You just need to buy a second EAP.  Connect it to your router (directly or using a switch).  Set both AP's to the same SSID(s) (different channels).  Clients will lease their IP's from your router an will all be on the same subnet.

You can do this using the built in web management for each EAP.  But, you can leverage the OC200 for centralized management (or use the free software from TP-Link) which is much nicer.  

I have two EAP225V3's for my home network with the OC200.  One AP is directly connected to my Fios Router vua Ethernet (as is the OC200).  The other is connected via Ethernet using a MOCA (coax) bridge.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1511

Replies: 1

Related Articles