EAP110-Outdoor - can't obtain IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 13:29:26 - last edited 2020-06-02 10:40:01
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: unknown new

Hi

I hope someone can help. As I'm not getting much support from the helpdesk. 

I have a brand new EAP110 Outside POE antenna and adapter. 
Everything is plugged in - green lights - same for the POE adapter 
That's plugged in to my local router 

I can see the POE wifi. I connect to it as per the instructions using a mobile. 
I can connect. BUT can't obtain an IP address. 

When I look at my local router for attached LAN devices. It can't see the POE adapter nor does the network light blink

My only thoughts are that i run my local network on a 10.0.0.2 - .254 local range. 
Subnet 255.255.255.0
ROuter is set as a  DHCP Server

I can plug in a new device - and it's recognised by the router immediately 

THoughts ? 

Options
2 Reply
Re: EAP110-Outdoor - can't obtain IP address
2020-04-23 13:56:24 - last edited 2020-06-02 10:40:01

I'm going to solve my own problem here

I decided to try another CAT 5 cable from the POA antenna to the Adapter. 
And lo and behold, it connects. 
Odd as it was obviously receiving power but I guess there must have been broken or damaged 

Options
Re: EAP110-Outdoor - can't obtain IP address
2022-02-20 16:09:07

@www1 I can confirm that changing cables did help; thanks for the tip!

I wasn't able to load tplinkeap.net on my EAP-110-Outdoor. The devices couldn't obtain IP and were automatically assigned to the 169.254.X.X series. I tried placing this EAP on two different networks with working internet. The EAP was intermittently discoverable on Omada Discovery Utility in the network, the status light was solid green, and the EAP was broadcasting SSID. However, on connection, the DHCP IP assignment failed every time. I used Amazon Basics CAT-6 cables from switch to POE adaptor (as Data LAN) and POE adaptor to EAP (as Data + Power).

I replaced the data LAN cable from my switch to the POE adaptor with a CAT5E data-only cable. (I mean the cable which doesn't have 4 DC cables on the connector)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4947

Replies: 2

Related Articles