Covering large area with wi-fi (approx 200m)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-25 14:36:28 - last edited 2020-04-26 06:29:15

Hi

New to this forum - please be gentle! I have an Orange wi-fi router which works fine at close range.  I have purchased 2 x TP-Link TLWR840N wireless routers (that can be configured as Access Point, Range Extender, WISP or Router) to extend the range, as a test.  They seem to work great as both Access Points and Range extenders covering an area of approx 30m x 30m. My question is about the best way to proceed to cover a larger area.  I am installing in a small hotel there are approx 50 rooms all ground floor in an L shape 150m x 50m.  I want to ensure each room has decent wi-fi.  I appreciate I made need to upgrade my main router, increase bandwidth and connect to a DSL line eventually.  I wanted suggestions on the best way to configure more TP-Link routers and how to connect them. 
Should I rely purely on wireless connections between them to recieve and boost the signal?
Should I cable them together?

If I cable them can I just chain them together or should each one be cabled back to a central point?
Should I use a mixture of Access Points and Range Extenders

Should I use WISP config or router instead?

Should I be looking at a different product altogether

I am fairly new to this type of wi-fi installation and being based in Egypt I only have access to a limited range of products but the TL-WR840N is quite readily available. I dont want lots of differend SSIDs but would prefer that their appears to be just one network and any devices simply connect to the strongest signal and switch as the user moves around.

Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you

Kerry

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 0

Related Articles