Setting up TL-R600VPN for 2 WANs, how many LAN's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-28 04:27:51 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:16:29
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I'm running several disjoint WFH people in my house...because of the VoIP and VPN traffic, I had to add a second link to my house.

Both are 100/20 cable links. (Cox)

On the recommendation of a coworker, I purchased a TL-R600VPN to load balance the two WAN's

My modems are Arris CM8200A's.

My current configuration is:

Modem  --> port 1 --> Netgear Wifi Router  --> B/G Wifi + several wired devices (1 Cisco Anyconnect User)

--> port 2 --> Hardware VPN firewall (Meraki) --> single user Data+VoIP

In the new configuration, I'm thinking this:

Modem #1 -> port 1 --> TP WAN port              ------ LAN Port --> Netgear Router  --> existing users + 1 new user using VPN. Data+VoIP

Modem #2 -> port 1 --> TP WAN/LAN port#1  ------ Meraki Firewall

Can I connect the Meraki Firewall to another WAN/LAN port?  It so far has not liked the router and hogs a lot of bandwidth. Or should I just leave it connected to the secondary port on Modem #1 (that seems counterintuitive to me)?

Does the R600 automatically know whether the connection in a WAN or a LAN?

I am an engineer but I am not a networking guru...any insight would be appreciated!!

If anyone is curious, I chose two 100/20's instead of a 300/30 because the UP traffic will be close to using all 30, and it was way more expensive.

Thanks

DF

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up TL-R600VPN for 2 WANs, how many LAN's
2020-04-29 03:12:57 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:16:29

@DoubtFireAZ61 

Do you mean the following topology. 

Modem  --> port 1 --> | R600VPN |  --> Netgear Wifi Router  ------------------>   B/G Wifi + several wired devices (1 Cisco Anyconnect User)

--> port 2 --> |                  |   --> Hardware VPN firewall (Meraki) --->  single user Data+VoIP

R600VPN will not automatically know whether the connection in a WAN or a LAN, you need to set the port as WAN manually. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 950

Replies: 1

Related Articles