Votes

Handover Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Handover Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Handover Problems
Handover Problems
2020-04-29 15:44:08
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Looking for some advice, Do I have to have IEEE801.11 equipment to achieve any sort of handoff between a router and an accesspoint. Here's my setup:

• On Virgin Media Business with a Hitron router (dynamic IP address)
  • Using a TP Link EAP-110 OD access point connected to the router by ethernet cat 6 cable – in order to extend my WiFi range.
  • The access point has no DHCP capability
  • Both the router and AP use the same SSID and passwords.
  • The router and AP are on different channels (11 and 1 respectively)
  • Both use the same EAP Auth setup – WPA2-PSK
  • Bothe give me good internet access when I’m connected to either

But I just cant get either one of them to handover to the other as I roam. Once a client device picks up one of them it stays with it even if I’m standing right beside the other one. The only way to get a device to switch, is to turn off WiFi on the device, then turn it back on again and it then picks up the stronger signal. I’m not looking for superfast handover (such as IEEE 802.11) – just any handover will do.

Need some help please.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Handover Problems
2020-05-05 06:44:42

@Gerj Because the two devices are not from the same manufacturer, the roaming function cannot be used. It may be effective to reduce the transmit power of router and reduce the coverage intersection of router and AP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.