Disconnected All EAP devices from OC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-21 00:56:02 - last edited 2020-05-23 05:36:02
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V.3.2.11

Dear All,

I am running oc200 and 3 eap225 outdoor with mesh network since 4 days. Yesterday, All EAP225 outdoors were disconnected from oc 200. I try to solve this issue. But finally I have reset all devices. I want to know how can slove this issue without resetting my devices. Can I face this issue always? I am using omada app in my smart phone. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Disconnected All EAP devices from OC200-Solution
2020-05-21 12:52:38 - last edited 2020-05-23 05:36:02

nyinyihan wrote

All EAP225 outdoors were disconnected from oc 200. I try to solve this issue. But finally I have reset all devices. I want to know how can slove this issue without resetting my devices. Can I face this issue always? I am using omada app in my smart phone. 

Unless you find out what causes the loss of network connectivity, you cannot take any action to avoid this in the future.

A factory RESET is not considered a bug fix.

The fact that all EAPs – even the wired mesh root node – had been disconnected from the controller is a clear indication of a glitch in your network rather than something related to Omada controller or to EAPs.

It could be a controller just being started when the laptop running it exits hibernation mode, it can be caused by a changing IP address for the EAPs during DHCP lease renewal b/c of a reboot of the router or DHCP server or it can be a defective cable.

I recommend to use static IP addresses for all stationary devices including EAPs. You can either set static IPs in Omada controller or use the MAC-IP mapping in the DHCP server to achieve this. Also make sure the controller is running all the time and EAPs can reach the controller.

If the EAPs disconnect again, try to find out what was the cause for the issue with failed network connectivity.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Disconnected All EAP devices from OC200-Solution
2020-05-21 12:52:38 - last edited 2020-05-23 05:36:02

nyinyihan wrote

All EAP225 outdoors were disconnected from oc 200. I try to solve this issue. But finally I have reset all devices. I want to know how can slove this issue without resetting my devices. Can I face this issue always? I am using omada app in my smart phone. 

Unless you find out what causes the loss of network connectivity, you cannot take any action to avoid this in the future.

A factory RESET is not considered a bug fix.

The fact that all EAPs – even the wired mesh root node – had been disconnected from the controller is a clear indication of a glitch in your network rather than something related to Omada controller or to EAPs.

It could be a controller just being started when the laptop running it exits hibernation mode, it can be caused by a changing IP address for the EAPs during DHCP lease renewal b/c of a reboot of the router or DHCP server or it can be a defective cable.

I recommend to use static IP addresses for all stationary devices including EAPs. You can either set static IPs in Omada controller or use the MAC-IP mapping in the DHCP server to achieve this. Also make sure the controller is running all the time and EAPs can reach the controller.

If the EAPs disconnect again, try to find out what was the cause for the issue with failed network connectivity.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 1

Related Articles