Issues with 2-yr-old TP-Link TL-ER6020 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 19:31:19 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:07:27
Model: TL-ER6020  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

For a client I had deployed a TPLink TL-ER-6020 dual WAN router.  On the weekend, the client reported all manner of network issues. When I arrived, initially I was able to connect to the router, then suddenly I could not connect to it.  This is me plugged straight into the LAN port. The power light was solid green, and the SYS light was not so much blinking but changing from lit to not lit but rather than a blink it was 1 second on, 1 second off.  I had interpreted the manual to mean that this meant that the router wasn't functioning properly.  Given that I was getting nothing when trying to ping it (this is me plugged directly into the router), I assumed the worst.

I just plugged it in again after removing it from the client site, and a) I was getting a steady SYS light until about a minute, after which I got the same steady 1-second blink on the SYS light, and b) I *could* connect to it now.

Can someone tell me exactly what sort of blink rate I should be expecting on that sys light?  Is there any rational reason to expect why it would suddenly be unreachable when a laptop is plugged into it via the LAN port? The only thing I can think of is that the WiFi connection was interfering with my ping somehow (i.e. packet erroneously going through WiFi adapter rather than LAN adapter).  I did disable the WiFi adapter though so probably not.

Thanks for any insights.

-Hugh

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with 2-yr-old TP-Link TL-ER6020 router
2020-06-11 09:15:14 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:07:27

@hughLink 

It seems that just have two SYS light status for ER6020, off or flash. When you see the SYS light flash, the router should be working. 

If you cannot ping  the router, you can confirm the IP address of your PC, check whether other devices has the same IP address of router, make sure the PC isn't connected to the WAN port(ER6120 support up to 4 WAN ports). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 1