Installing a wireless access point in domestic open plan kitchen 'wifi deadspot'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Installing a wireless access point in domestic open plan kitchen 'wifi deadspot'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-06 09:57:46 - last edited 2020-06-09 13:44:20
Model: EAP115-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have a Virgin Homehub 3 in an upstairs office. Wifi is ok throughout the 2nd floor and attic room.

The router has Cat5/6 cabling running to the Smart TV's downstairs providing excellent data transference for streaming etc.

The open plan kitchen on back of house is a wifi dead spot and the Sonos system will regularly drop out. (this occurs even on Sonosnet Mesh settings). 

I would like to install a EAP115 as this would keep the aesthic of the room in accordance to my Wife's requests! 

Can I plug my existing Cat 5 cable attached to the router into this unit and connect the Smart TV to the front with no concerns in loosing the Smart TV data transference?

Woould the EAP115 provide wifi throughount the room measuring 15 by 20 ft?

Many thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 0