CPE Best Setup for setting up my own network range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-07 18:43:26 - last edited 2020-06-08 18:45:24
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have this CPE210 setup to be a simple AP and works great off of any hotspot. I would like to create my own IP Address range and wonder the best setup for that. I have been trying to setup a WN710ND to do exactly that but have ran into another set of issues because I cannot access it through 192.168.0.254

Craig

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE Best Setup for setting up my own network range
2020-06-08 19:13:52

Hi @Kawamura01,

Are you saying that you want to setup a DHCP server so that you can use your Cellular hotspot with multiple clients connected to the CPE?  Most cellular hotspots have a small router with NAT and DHCP built in.  But many limit you to only 5 or 10 IP clients.

There are a few other potential options.  You could run a small computer connected via Ethernet switch to the hotspot and CPE and then run a DHCP server on the PC.  This could be raspberry pi, or Mac/Win/Linux.

Generally the CPE is only used for long distances.  But I believe through their web interface you can configure them in a number of different modes:

1) AP Mode

2) Router Mode -- this would include NAT and DHCP, I believe.

etc.  Check the manual.

-Jonathan

Options
Re:CPE Best Setup for setting up my own network range
2020-06-09 10:49:45

Kawamura01 wrote

I have this CPE210 setup to be a simple AP and works great off of any hotspot. I would like to create my own IP Address range and wonder the best setup for that.

For an isolated subnet use »AP Router« operation mode for the CPE (if wired to the main router) or »AP Client Router« mode (if wirelessly connected to the main router). Then define your own LAN subnet including DHCP etc. on the CPE.

If you just want to change the network IP while still sharing the original subnet, just change the network IP in your main router.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 699

Replies: 2

Related Articles