Gigabit passive (24v) PoE adapters to 100mbps ethernet CPEs compatibility considerations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Gigabit passive (24v) PoE adapters to 100mbps ethernet CPEs compatibility considerations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 20:43:59 - last edited 2020-06-18 20:51:10
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

In an effort to further populate a single-CPE mast configuration with additional directional units using existing wiring infrastructure I thought of going down the PoE switch route. However having experimented with the particular subject in the past, albeit only superficially so and given that from the looks of things (bandwidth-wise) this will turn out to be a mixed n/ac setup there's some issues that clearly need ironing out prior to selecting and deploying the equipment.

To kick things off given that there's two variants of gigabit PoE adapters / injectors, one that uses all 4 of the available ethernet copper pairs and one that uses only two of them to power and transfer data through the cable..so is there any setup to make these compatible with 100mbps products incl. TP-Link's CPE x10 series which only use 2 pairs for power purposes? My question stems from the fact that I've already tried -at least once- in the past to use a 'direct' 24v gigabit PoE adapter to drive a CPE610 with no success (I would get a blinking led on the PoE adapter).

This time around I thought I'd use a passthrough gigabit (auto-sensing) switch in-between and specifically UI's Nanoswitch, since TP-Link hasn't really exploited said domain yet :/

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

RT.-

Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 0

Related Articles