OMADA OC200 High latency in response

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 17:36:06

Hello there !

I made up a network using the OC200 controller, 5 EAP225 APs and one POE TPLink Switch TL SG 10008MP. Configured the network and all was good. Turned the network down for a few days and today i turned it back on. Now i found ou a really high latency in teh response of the OC200 both on cloud and local network. When for example i disconnect a user it takes  minutes for it to figure that out and adjust the user number. Also if i disconnect and AP it also takes a very long time for it to actually see that the AP was disconnected. All work just fine except this annoying latency. Is it normal or does this controller has some issues because i can return it. Also the activity link on the oc200 used to show very little activity and usually used to blink only when i sent  command via the interface. Now it blinks constantly. It is like the controller is busy with something else and that is why it takes so long do adjust its status. Thank you all that will be so kind to answer me.

Options
6 Reply
Re:OMADA OC200 High latency in response
2020-06-21 17:46:07
The controller is not 100% real time. client timeout is 5 minut I think and access point use about 2-3 minuts to show disconected.
Options
2020-06-21 17:49:30

@shberge Thank you so much. Maybe i didn't pay attention to this "issue" the first time.

Options
2020-06-21 21:05:07

@shberge is it also normal for ALL the Link/Act LEDs on the switch to flicker all at once in the exact way for the all the ports ? including aps, wan and oc200 ? it is like all the devices are transmiting the same information at the same time over the network ...

Options
2020-06-22 05:26:50 - last edited 2020-06-22 05:54:53

@Razvan9 

No it usually flashes a little different, but I do not know the switch so ask on the switch and router forum :-)

Check that there is no network loop in the net, etc. try and remove one and one cable to see if the lamps change how they blink.

Options
2020-06-23 02:22:53

Hi @Razvan9,

Yes, this activity on switches is very common.  These broadcast or multicast packets get forwarded to all of the switch ports.  You'll see this when "things are idle."  If you start transferring a big file, for example, from the internet through your switch to a PC or AP.  You'll see two of the ports flash much more quickly -- the one connected to your router and the one connected to your client.

-Jonathan

Options
2020-06-23 02:26:37

But as @shberge said,

It's very important to make sure you don't have any loops.  Modern Ethernet uses what's called "Star Topology."  Cables radiate out from one or more central points (outets on your router or a switch).  No additional cables should be coming back (since each individual cable is bidirectional already).

Most of the time, unless you have multiple switches, etc.  It's pretty rare to make a loop accidentally because each individual device (PC, Access Point, Roku/TV/Xbox/etc.) only has one port.

-Jonathan

Options