CPE210 Wireless will not stay connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 08:33:13
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am setting this up as a Repeater. I can connect to it but after several minutes the wireless connection drops. The only way to a activate it again is to go through the setup as a repeater. I am using it with an Arris router.

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE210 Wireless will not stay connected
2020-07-13 03:27:42

@etubridy 

Hi,

I am setting this up as a Repeater. I can connect to it but after several minutes the wireless connection drops. The only way to a activate it again is to go through the setup as a repeater. I am using it with an Arris router.

The Repeater mode is usually used to connect between Pharos products. It's not suggested to use it with a 3rd party router.

Besides, the wireless signal of the device in Bridge/Repeater mode is normally weaker than that in other modes. We recommend that you use two devices in Client and Access Point mode respectively to replace the device in Bridge/Repeater mode.

Here you may refer to the FAQ below for the characteristics and application scenarios of different modes on Pharos products.

https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2090.html

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-13 10:48:39

@Fae  thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions and got it to connect reliably to my network but I have no internet access. I am going to return unit and run a wire to the workshop. Will one of your consumer products turn that connection into a wi-fi signal?

Options
2020-07-14 02:16:28

@etubridy 

Hi,

CPE210 supports AP mode, which can turn the wired connection into a WiFi signal.

How to Configure the Access Point Mode on the Pharos device

Tips: If you want to connect to the CPE via WiFi properly, DO NOT enable MAXtream.

Because the CPE210 adopts directional antennas, we need to adjust the orientation to get a better signal coverage.

If you want a device to provide you 360° WiFi signal, we have EAP110-Outdoor and EAP225-Outdoor for your choice.

Frequently Asked Questions about EAP Outdoor Products

etubridy wrote

@Fae  thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions and got it to connect reliably to my network but I have no internet access. I am going to return unit and run a wire to the workshop. Will one of your consumer products turn that connection into a wi-fi signal?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 3