CPE510 transmission power optimization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 14:41:08 - last edited 2020-07-14 03:29:18
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I wondering how to optimize transmit power on the CP510 to find the proper balance of the lowest transmit power while retaining a high quality link.  Mine are about 100m apart so a short distance and are LOS mounted on two roofs with no obstruction.  They are currently set at 12dBm transmit power on both ends, which seemed about a 50% reduction.  I just do not want to be "blasting" any neighboring signals and just want to optimize power levels while maintaining great signal quality.

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE510 transmission power optimization
2020-07-14 06:10:17

@Precison23 

To get appropriate transmit power and achieve the best performance, you could adjust 3dBm each time for checking, cooperate with the Speed Test tool of Pharos to find the best performance. For example, based on the current transmit power at 12dBm, decrease it to 9dBm, 6dBm..., also increase it to 15dBm, 18dBm..., record the test results with Pharos Speed Test tool and select the most suitable value for transmission power.

Precison23 wrote

I wondering how to optimize transmit power on the CP510 to find the proper balance of the lowest transmit power while retaining a high quality link.  Mine are about 100m apart so a short distance and are LOS mounted on two roofs with no obstruction.  They are currently set at 12dBm transmit power on both ends, which seemed about a 50% reduction.  I just do not want to be "blasting" any neighboring signals and just want to optimize power levels while maintaining great signal quality.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 1