EAP245 Not getting DHCP IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 18:47:03
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.0

This is my second EAP because I though the first was not functioning.

When connected to my POE switch Netgear JGS516PE, the EAP is not getting an address from my router (PfSense). Other devises are getting DHCP addresses assigned.

As a trouble shooting step I did also try using the supplied POE injector, same results.

Tried factory hard reset, but not getting any lights flashing that would indicate it's resetting.

Able to connect to the default SSIDs on the EAP and the laptop does get an address from my router and can access the network/internet. But can't access tplinkeap.net on the EAP to configure it via a web browser. Tried IOS app and it also can't find an EAP to configure. My subnet is 192.168.1

Tried installing the controler software and it does see the EAP but using the fallback address of 192.168.0.254. (Also it can't Adopt it because of firmware missmatch). EAP has 2.3.0. Could not locate v2.3.0 of the controler software.

I've also just setup an EAP225 for a friend a week ago and all worked as expected, so somewhat familar with the setup process.

Did did spend sometime with a support agent couple of days ago with the first unit and mentioning to him a few times about no lights flashing while attempting to hard reset. Suggested I exchange EAP

Any suggestions? -

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP245 Not getting DHCP IP
2020-07-17 20:44:07
Resolved this, though think there's a problem with the default settings on FW 2.3.0 I ended up pulling out an old router and changed it's default subnet to 192.168.0.1 my pfsense was 192.168.1.x Then the only way I could access was to use the fallback ip 192.168.0.254 entered into my browser to configure. The default settings under Management were set to "Static" Reconfigured to dynamic and now able to login and configure, Assign static ip from my router and change security settings. All good now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2319

Replies: 1

Related Articles