TL-ER5120 Multi Public IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 03:10:03 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:06:52
Model: TL-ER5120  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: v4

Hi Community,

I am trying to setup a TL-ER5120 to replace the current router.

Can someone please guide me on how to configure a WAN-PPPoE connection but multiple public IP Addresses on a TL-ER5120?

Is there a way to do this while selecting the PPPoE type connection or such scenario is only do-able for Static IP's type of connection (Or Dynamic IPs)?

Look forward for your help guys.

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-ER5120 Multi Public IP addresses-Solution
2020-07-29 01:53:57 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:06:52

@OnetimeOnly 

OnetimeOnly wrote

@Yannie 

Hi Yannie, thank you for your reply. I have read the article, it says that to apply such setting, I need to configure my WAN as a Static IP connection.

"Note: One-to-One NAT only takes effect when the connection type of the corresponding WAN port is Static IP.'

Thus, I do not think it is applicable to my current PPPoE setting?

Correct, the IP address should be Static IP if you want to use One-to-One NAT.

Not sure what you are trying to do with the multi plublic IP addresses, so I just guess you may need it.

As I know, the PPPoE connection could provide the internet connection with a static IP address, but also with a dynamic IP address.

If your ISP offers you with a PPPoE connection which assigns a dynamic IP address to the router (that means the WAN IP address can change any time), so you hope to map the dynamic IP address to a domain name, so that you don't need to check and remember the WAN IP address. Then you might use the Dynamic DNS feature on the router...

Without getting to know your purpose, I think I can only guess you may need such feature. Maybe the manual of this router could help you. Good Luck!

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-er5120/

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-ER5120 Multi Public IP addresses
2020-07-27 07:32:45 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:06:52

@OnetimeOnly 

If there are multi public IP addresses on one ISP line, and you want to map these IP addresses to specific private IP addresses, you may configure One-to-One NAT function.

Options
2020-07-27 08:04:06 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:06:52

@Yannie 

Hi Yannie, thank you for your reply. I have read the article, it says that to apply such setting, I need to configure my WAN as a Static IP connection.

"Note: One-to-One NAT only takes effect when the connection type of the corresponding WAN port is Static IP.'

Thank you.

Options
Re:TL-ER5120 Multi Public IP addresses-Solution
2020-07-29 01:53:57 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:06:52

@OnetimeOnly 

OnetimeOnly wrote

@Yannie 

Correct, the IP address should be Static IP if you want to use One-to-One NAT.

Not sure what you are trying to do with the multi plublic IP addresses, so I just guess you may need it.

As I know, the PPPoE connection could provide the internet connection with a static IP address, but also with a dynamic IP address.

If your ISP offers you with a PPPoE connection which assigns a dynamic IP address to the router (that means the WAN IP address can change any time), so you hope to map the dynamic IP address to a domain name, so that you don't need to check and remember the WAN IP address. Then you might use the Dynamic DNS feature on the router...

Without getting to know your purpose, I think I can only guess you may need such feature. Maybe the manual of this router could help you. Good Luck!

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-er5120/

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-29 04:57:29 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:06:52

@Yannie 

Hi Yannie, again, I really appreciate your replies.

Just for your information, after several attempts, we decided to restructure the current network setup to something more feasible. So the use of multiple public IPs might not be as crucial now.

Thus I shall close this thread.

Thank you again for the replies and links Yannie. Have a good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1530

Replies: 4