WiFi roaming not working or very slow...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-05 13:49:44
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.4.0 Build 20200117 Rel. 39932

Hi all.

Just bought and installed a TL-Link wireless network with the OC200 controller.

4 EAP245's on every floor 1 (basement, living, 1e level, 2e level

and a EAP225 outdoor AP all connected via PoE with a TP-Link PoE switch.

OC200 controller sees al the AP's and are configured. They work fine!

But when i walk trough the house, i keep the connection with the AP i was connected with. Even when i stand close to  the 'new' AP, and with my wifi scan app i can see the the new AP's has a better dB vallue, stilll i keep connected to the first one on 72 mbps. When i switch my wifi off on my android 11 phone , and back on, the it connects to. the closest AP on 400 mbps

I have switched on every fast roaming option on in the OC200 controller, but still not working.

Should i lower the power on all the AP's? Are they to close to each other, is that posible?

Regards,

Jeroen

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi roaming not working or very slow...
2020-08-05 15:05:04 - last edited 2020-08-05 15:08:23

JeroenWolff wrote

Should i lower the power on all the AP's? Are they to close to each other, is that posible?

Probably they are too close to each other depending on the material your ceilings are made of.

Anyway, the decision to roam is made by the client device and can only be controlled to a small extend by the controller.

You can try to:

• lower Tx power (in 1-2 dBm steps) and hope that the client device has a high enough RSSI threshold until it roams,
  • set the minimum RSSI threshold for a client device to be allowed to connect to an EAP (in EAP »Configuration«, tab »Load Balance«),
  • use 802.11k/v seamless roaming and set the »Force-disassociation« option (works only if the client device supports 802.11k/v, too).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1417

Replies: 1

Related Articles