Per SSID Mac Filtering & Scheduled Enable/Disable Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-18 06:44:58 - last edited 2020-08-18 13:05:45
Model: CPE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 51771

I have CPE220 with 2 different VLANs for each SSID. But it seems Mac Filtering per SSID is not possible, i hope future firmware/Pharos OS can set different rules for MAC Filtering. The reason is, i need 1st SSID using MAC Filtering but the 2nd SSID using portal authentication. Second request is scheduler for enable/disable SSID or Wifi for CPE220, because it not available for this device.

Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:Per SSID Mac Filtering & Scheduled Enable/Disable Wifi
2020-08-25 03:37:56

@Dhelazt 

The reason is, i need 1st SSID using MAC Filtering but the 2nd SSID using portal authentication. Second request is scheduler for enable/disable SSID or Wifi for CPE220, because it not available for this device.

May I know your scenario and network requirements so that I could forward this as a feature request to our PE for consideration?

Best regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-25 06:22:53

My Requirement is simple :

1. VLAN20 is my private network, its connected to another device in my home. I need my SSID1 on CPE220 limited to only Whitelist devices via Mac Filtering.

2. VLAN30 is my public network for sharing with another family,   but they have to login with Mikrotik Hotspot if they need internet. They don't have to Whitelisted, so i need disable Mac filtering on SSID2.

3. Because sometime they playing online games and forget time to rest, i need Scheduling to disable SSID2 on certain time. For example at 23:00 - 06:00, several TP-Link indoor router have this option and very usefull for me.

I you need more information, let me know it. Thanks

@Dhelazt 

Options
2020-08-26 17:44:23 - last edited 2020-08-26 17:51:49

@Dhelazt, CPEs are designed for long-range directional wireless backhaul links between two (PtP) or more (PtMP) CPEs. They are not suited for omnidirectional coverage and not very well suited to supply standard clients (except in very rare cases where the CPE covers a small sector inside its 65º antenna beam width over a tiny range of a few dozen meters).

If you need omnidirectional coverage indoors, scheduling, parental control and all those features offered by indoor APs, then why not use an indoor AP at the remote end of your wireless backhaul?

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-08-27 07:31:07

This my expanded version of network, i need to set SSID1 using Mac Filtering because only my family can connect to it using their Outdoor APs ( Their home > 100m ). Meanwhile, other people can connect to SSID2 using their devices without tell me if they want to connect, they only need to pay vouchers from me. About parental control & scheduling, i found another solution, so i only need ability enable/disable Mac Filtering for each SSID. 

Thanks

Options
2020-08-28 06:30:28

@Dhelazt,

As I know, the CPE in AP mode supports to configure MAC filtering to a specific SSID.

Could you double check the settings on your CPE220 in AP mode?

Under MAC filtering, click Add then are you able to pick one SSID from the SSID box?

If not, may I check the hardware and firmware version of your CPE220?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-28 13:04:38

@Fae this my CPE220

I have 2 SSIDs, i need to enable Mac Filtering on SSID1 to allow only registered devices to connect. While disable Mac Filtering completely on SSID2 and allow all devices connect. Current Pharos firmware not support it, if Mac Filtering enabled all SSID will refuse unregistered devices to connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 6