Multiple loadbalencing through single WAN port/ IP based LoadBalancing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-06 03:01:04 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:33:32
Region : Others

Model : TL-R480T

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear all,

I have a TPLINK 480T load balancer in place with three ADSL modems. WAN ports are assigned static IP addresses with default gateways pointed to the respective ADSL modems shown in figures. The third modem is in a remote area connected to the Load balancer through a wireless link. All work fine. The topology is shown in figure 1 ( Please browse the following link).
http://s3.postimage.org/6kfx0jtdf/Loadbalncer_Problem_Fig1.png

Now I want to add another ADSL connection in the remote area. The simple idea that comes into my mind is to use another load balancer in the remote area. But I want my current load balancer to do the job. The anticipated topology is shown in Figure 2 (Please browse the following link).

http://s12.postimage.org/abt69q4pp/Loadbalncer_Problem_Fig2.png

Now my questions are,

(1) Is it possible to load balance on multiple line through a single WAN port.
(2) A solution for this situation is to load balance on the basis of IP addresses not WAN ports. Is any TPLINK load balancer provides such a facility?
(3) Anybody know some other vendor's Load balancer that do load balancing on IP or at least could solve the problem with single load balancer?

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple loadbalencing through single WAN port/ IP based LoadBalancing
2013-10-14 17:05:06 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:33:32
I wonder how you connect 480T to wireless....
(1)Load balance on multipel line through a single WAN port? Perhaps not, at least I havent found yet.
(2)TPLINK's load balancer are all effective on WAN Ports, not IPs.
(3)As I know, other vendor's Load balancer do not support such facility either.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 908

Replies: 1