What is the difference between the TL-SG1024 and the TL-SG1024S?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-01 02:02:41 - last edited 2022-09-14 07:09:37
Model: TL-SG1024  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up a network for small business and in the market to buy my first switch. In my research I found the following difference between the two switches. But there are other models, too.

The item listing for TL-SG1024S has "Desktop or Rackmount", energy-efficient (low operational cost) and "Traffic Optimization" which is missing from 19" Rack Mountable TL-SG1024's description. TL-SG1024 was released on December 19, 2005 where as the TL-SG1024S came out in December 5, 2017. The official website shows TL-SG1024 on hardware version V11 but TL-SG1024S is on V1. TL-SG1024's is considerably wider in physical dimension. Both switches have 35.7 Mpps packet forwarding rate. There are also few more models TP-Link TL-SG1024DE 24-Port Gigabit Easy Smart and TP-Link TL-SG1024D 24-Port Unmanaged Gigabit - to name a few.

Someone said, the difference is only in the channels, but these products are mostly same. What does that mean?

At the end of the day, I am looking for unmanaged 24 port switch for reliable usage. My usage is media streaming, VoIP phone, NAS, computers, printers and mobile devices - for what it is worth.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What is the difference between the TL-SG1024 and the TL-SG1024S?-Solution
2020-09-02 02:57:50 - last edited 2022-09-14 07:09:37

Dear @droidapp,

TL-SG1024, TL-SG1024D and TL-SG1024S are all Unmanaged Switches.

• TL-SG1024D and TL-SG1024S have the same performance and function, the only difference is that they are sold in different channels. If you are looking for an unmanaged switch, you can choose one from them as you like.
  • The main difference between the TL-SG1024 and TL-SG1024D(S) is the device dimensions. Due to the smaller size, the TL-SG1024D is also suitable to be placed on a desktop for usage. In fact, both of them can be rack-mountable, the difference is that they use different mounting brackets. If you are interested, please click this link to check the info of mounting brackets.

TL-SG1024DE is an easy smart switch, which is an upgrade from the plug-and-play Unmanaged Switch. It supports software features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping.

Here is a link for the related FAQs of the switch.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-sg1024de/#FAQs

The article below may help you figure out the differences between the Unmanaged Switches and Easy Smart Switches.

What are the differences in features and application scenarios among various serial switches?

At the end of the day, I am looking for unmanaged 24 port switch for reliable usage. My usage is media streaming, VoIP phone, NAS, computers, printers and mobile devices - for what it is worth.

If there are IPTV programs in your network, you may select a switch that supports IGMP Snooping.

Hope the information above is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:What is the difference between the TL-SG1024 and the TL-SG1024S?-Solution
2020-09-02 02:57:50 - last edited 2022-09-14 07:09:37

Dear @droidapp,

TL-SG1024, TL-SG1024D and TL-SG1024S are all Unmanaged Switches.

• TL-SG1024D and TL-SG1024S have the same performance and function, the only difference is that they are sold in different channels. If you are looking for an unmanaged switch, you can choose one from them as you like.
  • The main difference between the TL-SG1024 and TL-SG1024D(S) is the device dimensions. Due to the smaller size, the TL-SG1024D is also suitable to be placed on a desktop for usage. In fact, both of them can be rack-mountable, the difference is that they use different mounting brackets. If you are interested, please click this link to check the info of mounting brackets.

TL-SG1024DE is an easy smart switch, which is an upgrade from the plug-and-play Unmanaged Switch. It supports software features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping.

Here is a link for the related FAQs of the switch.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-sg1024de/#FAQs

The article below may help you figure out the differences between the Unmanaged Switches and Easy Smart Switches.

What are the differences in features and application scenarios among various serial switches?

If there are IPTV programs in your network, you may select a switch that supports IGMP Snooping.

Hope the information above is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 14738

Replies: 1

Related Articles