Remotely Access VPN Server Behind Load Balancer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-21 09:14:31 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:55:16
Model: TL-ER5120  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, please forgive my limited knowledge on this subject. I have setup a Load Balancer for a client and after the Load Balancer we have a Mikrotik. The Mikrotik has been setup by the client in a previous installation to have VPN access hence it has VPN credentials and authenticates the users when they connect. Previously the Mikrotik was the edge-facing router and now it has been replaceed by the Load Balancer. From the internal network we can ping the Mikrotik, from the Load Balancer we can ping the Mikrotik. How can I setup the routing to allow for the client to continue to access their VPN via WAN 1 of the Load Balancer?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

A simple way of looking at the network is as follows:

INTERNET >>> LOAD BALANCER >>> MIKROTIK >>> INTERNAL NETWORK

Thank you in advance guys.

Regards,

Sydney

Options
2 Reply
Re:Remotely Access VPN Server Behind Load Balancer
2020-09-22 10:57:07 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:55:16

@Sydmeister 

How can I setup the routing to allow for the client to continue to access their VPN via WAN 1 of the Load Balancer?

Policy Routing may help, check this FAQ, https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2134/

Options
Re:Remotely Access VPN Server Behind Load Balancer
2020-09-22 11:06:15 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:55:16

@Yannie 

Thank you for the link. We'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 2