TP-Link Archer c5400x will NOT CONNECT WIRLESSLY AT ALL.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-26 12:47:55 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:23:11
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20191223 rel.73956(5553)

To whom it may concern,

None of my wirless devices will connect to the router at all. I do not have any type of MAC filtering, I have hard reset the router 3 times, and the wirless signals are weak when I am close by (3 meters away same room). I have tried everything on the support channel to find and fix this issue, it seems it's an ongoing situation and none of the solutions presented on the forums worked. My wifi addresses are different, and they are not hidden. I have all 3 bands on and only one shows at a time on any wireless device. If I am connected with LAN there are no problems. The router has been working flawlessly for almost a year and a half but just this past 2 weeks, it has been acting weird with the WAN part. Sometimes when I do by accident connect to the wireless, No internet shows and a tp-link page shows up saying WAN is not working with 2 options ignore or setup router.

Kindly help me out here as I bought this router for it's sheer power and capabilities for wifi, and I need it back for my home devices like google home, android tv, phones, and smart devices.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link Archer c5400x will NOT CONNECT WIRLESSLY AT ALL.-Solution
2020-09-27 06:22:44 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:23:11

@ahalrasheed 

Hello,

Do you mean the wireless networks of the C5400X are not visible on all clients? How about the wireless LEDs on the router, are they correctly showing up?

When you try to hard reset the C5400X router, please ensure all the LEDs flash off then on, it is suggested to power it off first, then power on to confirm.

Besides, try to customize the wireless settings, like wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer c5400x will NOT CONNECT WIRLESSLY AT ALL.-Solution
2020-09-27 06:22:44 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:23:11

@ahalrasheed 

Hello,

Do you mean the wireless networks of the C5400X are not visible on all clients? How about the wireless LEDs on the router, are they correctly showing up?

When you try to hard reset the C5400X router, please ensure all the LEDs flash off then on, it is suggested to power it off first, then power on to confirm.

Besides, try to customize the wireless settings, like wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-Link Archer c5400x will NOT CONNECT WIRLESSLY AT ALL.
2020-09-27 15:55:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hey,

When I search for the wirless only one of all the 3 shows up, never simultaneously and very random. Also, no devices now connect to it, either gives failed to obtain ip, MAC filtering is on (which it isnt), could not connect to the network and connected without internet.

When you say hard reset, does restoring it from the website mean the same thing or should I use the pin at the backside?

Appreciate your response and efforts.

Options
Re:TP-Link Archer c5400x will NOT CONNECT WIRLESSLY AT ALL.
2020-09-28 07:10:47

@ahalrasheed 

Yes, restoring from the web will do the same thing as using the pin at the backside, but we can try both to see if one helps.

Meanwhile, please create different network names for the 2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2, then confirm which one you can detect on your wireless devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 794

Replies: 3

Related Articles