Connect 3 unmanaged switches to a router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-30 18:09:06
Model: TL-SG1024  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to the networking world and I would like to know how to achieve the following network topology :

Switche2 and 3 are a TL-SG1016 whereas Switch1 is a TL-SG1024 I don't know if VLAN is necessary to achieve such topology on these unmanaged switches also I would like to know if there is any possibility to increase bandwidth by trunking 4 Ethernet cable between each switch

Thanks for your support

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect 3 unmanaged switches to a router
2020-10-07 12:22:07

Dear @Med.EL,

Switche2 and 3 are a TL-SG1016 whereas Switch1 is a TL-SG1024 I don't know if VLAN is necessary to achieve such topology on these unmanaged switches

1. Unmanaged switches doesn't support VLAN. In fact, the unmanaged switch doesn’t support any configuration interface or options. 

2. To achieve such topology, you need Easy Smart/Smart/Managed switches, please read the following configuration example for details.

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/788/

I would like to know if there is any possibility to increase bandwidth by trunking 4 Ethernet cable between each switch

To achieve this, the switch needs to support Link Aggregation Group (LAG). Please kindly check for the following configuration guide.

Configuration guide for LAG

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN for LAG ports: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2396/

Hope the above information is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options