access point cpe 210 connection error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 13:06:01 - last edited 2020-10-07 06:08:36
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi , i have problem with a cpe 210 A.P . so , when i try to connect the pc , i have error wrong pass ,  the password is correct of course , ( some device connect well) , others like pc , wifi extender ect , can't connect . i tried everything found on google but not fixed yet  , tried several time full reset too . Any tips?? tks

Options
17 Reply
Re:access point cpe 210 connection error
2020-10-08 03:51:12

Dear @ossidiana,

when i try to connect the pc , i have error wrong pass ,  the password is correct of course , ( some device connect well) , others like pc , wifi extender ect , can't connect .

Did you enable MAXtream on the CPE210 AP? Please note that Non-Pharos devices will not be able to connect with MAXtream enabled, you may access the web management page of the CPE210 to check it, make sure MAXtream is unchecked on the WIRELESS page.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-08 10:00:37 - last edited 2020-10-08 11:11:12

@Fae  tks , for support, so , i try to enter to the set up by a browser ,to check , but , i can not open the page , i tried 192.168.0.254 by wireless, . and by lan ethernet too , but i can not access to the software configuration of the a.p. i try to reset the device , but not fix yet , i can not access to the setup page ( wireless off of course when i tried by ethernet ) . is there something else i can try? tks

Options
2020-10-09 02:15:54

Dear @ossidiana,

i try to reset the device , but not fix yet , i can not access to the setup page ( wireless off of course when i tried by ethernet ) 

Please refer to the steps below.
1. Connect the PoE port of the provided PoE adapter to the CPE210, while the LAN port of the PoE adapter to your PC via ethernet cable.

2. Check the LED status on the CPE, both the power and LAN LEDs should light up before you log into the Pharos page.

If the LAN LED is OFF, please try other standard cables.

3. Make sure Wi-Fi is disconnected on your PC, assign a static IP on your PC before you access the setup page.
Note: set static IP address 192.168.0.10, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, leave the Default Gateway blank.

4. After you configured the static IP address on the PC, you can test the connection between PC and CPE via the Ping command.

1) If ping 192.168.0.254 is failed, please Reset the CPE210 by pressing and holding the reset hole for about 8 seconds, you should see all LED flash once if it's reset successfully. After that, repeat step 1~4 again for checking.

2) If ping 192.168.0.254 is successful but you still cannot log in, please try other web browsers, disable antivirus and firewall on the PC to check again. If possible, you may change another PC to have a try. For more troubleshooting, here is a detailed instruction for your reference.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2578/

Hope the information above is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-11 15:42:58
Tks again for support, so i reset the AP , and i carefully done the steps , but now some devices do not connect to the AP at all , versus my desktop connect to the AP , but the AP do not stream internet from my router . i checked that maxstream is disable and on page survey that i right choose my internet router . AP Is close to the router for now to be shure take the wireless ... i'm going crazy... what i wont to do is simply stream internet from my wireless router to the garden and outdoor area next my house ...
Options
2020-10-12 01:39:47

Dear @ossidiana,

i checked that maxstream is disable and on page survey that i right choose my internet router .

Are you trying to configure the CPE210 as Repeater/Bridge mode rather than AP mode?

*In Repeater/Bridge mode, the CPE210 will pick up the wifi signal from the router and then share the wifi signal to the end clients.

Please kindly note that it's not recommended to use the Pharos CPE as Repeater/Bridge mode as CPE has directional antennas.

For the CPE210, the energy concentrates on the front panel with horizontal 65° and vertical 35° like this:

Imagine it as a flashlight for better understanding, the side and backside of the panel will have weaker signal strength.

If the garden and outdoor area are under the coverage of the CPE210, you may set up the CPE210 as AP mode instead to have a try.

How to Configure the Access Point Mode on the Pharos device, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/730/

*In AP mode, the CPE210 will be connected to the router via Ethernet cable for Internet and then share the wifi signal to the end clients.

**There is no need to click survey to pick up the router's WiFi, you only need to follow QUICK SETUP to finish the AP settings.

If you want to provide 360° wireless coverage in the outdoor area, you may use Omada Outdoor EAPs instead, such as EAP225-Outdoor and EAP110-Outdoor, which have Omni antennas and are designed to provide wireless access for mobile terminals. Here is the FAQ about EAP Outdoor Products for your reference, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1357/

Options
2020-10-12 08:05:02

@Fae so , i used the cp210 for one year as a bridge , repeating my wireless , because i can not go out with a ethernet cable from my house to the roof , i have a power point on the roof and i powered the poe with a ethernet till my aereial tv mast , and everething was ok , now i really do not know why i can configured again the ap in this way . the wireless signal from my router on the roof is strong ... i miss something for shure , but the main problem is why the ap do not stream internet ( yaellow trinagle on windows bar)) of course the main router works ok.

Options
2020-10-13 02:08:23

Dear @ossidiana,

the wireless signal from my router on the roof is strong ... i miss something for shure , but the main problem is why the ap do not stream internet ( yaellow trinagle on windows bar)) of course the main router works ok.

Is the DHCP enabled on the Windows PC? What's the IP info obtained on the PC?

you may check the IP info on the Windows PC by referring to the guide below.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

If the DHCP is NOT enabled, please configure the Windows PC with Obtain IP address automatically.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/14/

Options
2020-10-13 07:57:39
Options
2020-10-13 11:14:10

Dear @ossidiana ,

What IP address would you obtain on the laptop after you connect to the router's WiFi?

Could you please upload screenshot of the STATUS and NETWORK page on the CPE page? 

Options
2020-10-13 11:20:11
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3858

Replies: 17