Use two units of CP510 to transfer internet connection from 10th floor to 1st floor.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Use two units of CP510 to transfer internet connection from 10th floor to 1st floor.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 15:50:43
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon

First of all, sorry if my English is not perfect as it isn't my mother tongue.  I have bought two TP-link CPE 510 but I can't get them to work as expected. It seems that the AP CPE must be connected by cable to the router to work properly and I cannot do that because the router with internet provider is in the hall (cannot install a net cable to the window till the CPE which is in the facade)

I tried connecting CPE AP a WiFi repeater, so I get a copy of the initial WiFi net outside the window. The second CPE is located downstairs in a first floor where I have an office (also as a repeater) but it gives many connection problems.

Is there any other option to pass the signal through 8 floors??

Maybe someone has done something similar and found a solution.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help and support

Options
1 Reply
Re:Use two units of CP510 to transfer internet connection from 10th floor to 1st floor.
2020-10-09 11:58:40

Dear @kiboart,

I tried connecting CPE AP a WiFi repeater, so I get a copy of the initial WiFi net outside the window. The second CPE is located downstairs in a first floor where I have an office (also as a repeater) but it gives many connection problems.

The CPE510 is equipped with built-in directional antennas, whose Beam Width is 45° (H-Plane) / 30° (E-Plane). So the energy of the antenna concentrates on the front panel with horizontal 45° and vertical 30°. Imagined as a flashlight for better understanding, the wifi signal strength on the backside of the CPE is very weak. Hence, it's not recommended to use the CPE as repeater/bridge mode for your case.

Is there any other option to pass the signal through 8 floors??

If there is no way to connect by cable to deploy the network, you may try using two CPE devices in Client and Access Point mode respectively to replace the device in Bridge/Repeater mode. The setup could be like this:

Router )))((( 1st CPE as Client mode ----- 2nd CPE as AP mode )))((( 3rd CPE as Client mode in the first floor ----router/AP in the office.

In the setup above, you could adjust the orientation of the 2nd and 3rd CPE accordingly to align them.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 1

Related Articles