T1700-28TQ shut down / restart when SPF unit powers off?.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-08 08:44:02 - last edited 2020-10-10 00:23:23
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Just picked up the switch yesterday, and got it configured/set up during the day.  It seems, however, that when my PC powered down the switch also shut itself off.  

My PC uses a Mellanox ConnectX adapter on SPF form factor.  It was attached to port 28 of the switch.

After this incident, the Mellanox seems to have decided that it wants to boot the PC off a network BIOS.  This may be unrelated, or it may be an aftereffect, but it happened at the same time, so I think they are interlinked somehow. 

I have since removed the Mellanox and its cable, then replaced both in the PC.  The switch seemed happy and the PC booted properly.  

However - when I shut down the PC (using graceful Windows power-down), the switch also powered down.  

The PC powered up properly (no Mellanox problem this time).  Upon powering up, the switch also powered up and restored its running config properly (but this does take 2 minutes or more).

thanks

alexsunny

Options
1 Reply
Re:T1700-28TQ shut down / restart when SPF unit powers off?.
2020-10-11 09:50:43 - last edited 2020-10-11 09:51:07

Dear @alexsunny123,

My PC uses a Mellanox ConnectX adapter on SPF form factor.  It was attached to port 28 of the switch.

May I know the model number of the Mellanox ConnectX adapter? Was it connected to port 28 of the switch with 10G Ethernet cable? What's the model number of the SFP module attached on the switch?

As you may know, the port 25-28 on the T1700G-28TQ is 10GE SFP+ Slots, whose network media is 10GBASE-LR/SR. They are usually used as uplink ports and connected with fiber cable through optical fiber SFP modules such as TXM431-LR and TXM431-SR. If you want to use the SFP Switch with a different vendors' devices together, please check the specifications of the devices on both vendors' official website, ensure they can cooperate to work properly.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 1

Related Articles