Good wifi but loose of internet access on other networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 12:54:24 - last edited 2020-10-12 04:17:21
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Here is my setup.

I have three wireless access points configured. 

Arris (cable modem)

Hitman (hardwired back to Arris)

TP-Link_Outdoor (hardwired back to Arris)

Arris and hitman have worked together for years with no issue. But recently when I added the tp-link 510 to the network it causes Arris wifi to lose internet access. 

Its strange. 

Example: I am connected to the 2.4g Arris wifi network and I am able to access the internet via this connection with no issues, everything is configured as above. I go to the mailbox and its out of range of Arris so I lose that wifi connection. I walk back to the house and I reconnect to the Arris 2.4g network but now it no longer has Internet access.  So I go to the Arris router/modem and unplug the network cable going to the CPE510 and plug it back in and I regain my access to the internet via the Arris 2.4g network. 

I also noticed via my cell phone that when I Iook at the IP that my phone pulls when its connected with no internet that the IP is that of the TP-Link network. Why would it even see the TP-Link network if its connected to the Arris network. 

IP example: When I reconnect to Arris and it has no internet I get and IP of 10.10.9.x but when I am connected to Arris with internet I get a 192.168.0.x

Why?

And what do I do to correct this. This issue does not happen with the Hitman access point at all......

Options
1 Reply
Re:Good wifi but loose of internet access on other networks
2020-10-13 03:39:38

Dear @Hitman1965,

I also noticed via my cell phone that when I Iook at the IP that my phone pulls when its connected with no internet that the IP is that of the TP-Link network. Why would it even see the TP-Link network if its connected to the Arris network. 

IP example: When I reconnect to Arris and it has no internet I get and IP of 10.10.9.x but when I am connected to Arris with internet I get a 192.168.0.x

How do you connect the CPE510 to the Arris modem/router, via LAN port or via WAN port?

What's the operation mode of the CPE510? Did you configure it as Access Point mode or Router mode?

Could you please provide screenshots of the STATUS page of the Pharos CPE510?

In Access Point mode, the CPE won't assign IP address to any devices, both the CPE and devices would obtain IP address from the main router. And the LAN IP address of the CPE is only used for web management, it is suggested to change the CPE's LAN IP to fit in the router network. After the setup, the CPE510 should be hardwired to the LAN port of the Arris modem/router for Internet access.

How to Configure the Access Point Mode on the Pharos device, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/730/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 1