Cannot configure the [Port COnfig] under PoE tab for TL-SG105PE V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-15 03:30:17
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200415 Rel.55282

I'm using TL-SG105PE and I try to disable Power function on certain port.

Based on the document  [1910012770_Easy Smart Configuration Utility_UG.pdf] at 

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202009/20200927/1910012770_Easy%20Smart%20Configuration%20Utility_UG.pdf

page 81, I need to go PoE tab in the Easy Smart Configuration Utility to configure that.

So I downloaded Easy Smart Configuration Utility, login and came to the PoE tab section and I see this:

The [Port Config] section is grayed out and cannot do any operation on it.

Furthermore, this table doesn't seem like having any setting regarding disable power delivery only. It seems like can only disable the port altogether.

System info:

Can help me out here? Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot configure the [Port COnfig] under PoE tab for TL-SG105PE V1
2020-10-15 06:20:14

Dear @Daniel_Tang,

It seems the TL-SG105PE doesn't support PoE configuration but only PoE Auto Recovery.

I'm using TL-SG105PE and I try to disable Power function on certain port.

May I ask why you need to disable the Power function on the switch?

The TL-SG105PE has 4 PoE Ports (Port 1- Port 4), which support IEEE 802.3 af/at PoE standard, when there is a device connected to its PoE port, it will automatically detect the connection. If it is an ordinary device such as a computer, the PoE port will just work as an Ethernet port to transfer data only, which won't damage ordinary devices. So if you're trying to connect multiple non-PoE devices to the switch only for data transmission, please do not worry, it's okay to connect the devices to any ports.

Hope the information above is helpful. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Cannot configure the [Port COnfig] under PoE tab for TL-SG105PE V1
2021-05-02 08:52:03

Hi @Fae ,

May I ask which 5-port PoE switch do have this "PoE configuration" to enable/disable per-port power?

I'm also hit by this missing feature of TL-SG105PE.

How about other 5-port product, such as TL-SG1005P/LP?

I'm developing an embedded device that supports PoE.

I need to turn off power to power reset the device whenever needed.

Please note "Auto Recovery" does not work as the device under development won't respond to ping.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1018

Replies: 2

Related Articles