Change color of EAP245 using Paint or a Fabric Cover?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 03:53:25
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

The white plastic cover of the EAP245 is too visible against the mounting location. I would normally paint it but I am not, I already know that some paints will interfere with the signal strength.

So one alternative - recently I saw that there were colored covers available for a different company's access points.

Has anyone seen fabric covers ("skins") for the EAP245?

Otherwise I know this is unlikely but is there a recommended safe paint that TP-Link is ok with changing the color?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Change color of EAP245 using Paint or a Fabric Cover?
2020-10-24 16:56:25

Hi @Will_M,

While not "recommended" I would think that any plastic safe, non-metallic, acrylic type paint would fine.  Probably safer to brush it on (rather than spray).  Keep it thin and don't get any inside of the AP.

A fabric cover with elastic would also be fine, though probably not ideal for non-residential applications.

You could probably remove the outer, top plastic cover, and then spray the exterior, that way.

Get a cheap 225 ($59 on Amazon) and test it before and after.  See if it makes any difference.

Given that the RF signal goes through walls, paint, drywall, etc.  I don't see any real concerns.

-Jonathan

Options
Re:Change color of EAP245 using Paint or a Fabric Cover?
2020-10-24 17:00:01

@Will_M 

Just to say, not sure of your application, but these work best ceiling mounted.  Against a white ceiling, they are fairly attractive.

-Jonathan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 2