Inter VLAN routing & switch virtual interfaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-21 01:16:46
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I want to create a network with few VLANS (guest, corporate, employees, etc) using a T1500G-10PS switch.

My router will be a TL-R470t+ connected to this switch. This router needs to be the internet gateway for all the VLANs.

However, I can see that this router doesnt support VLAN TRUNK interfaces (am I wrong?)  neither sub-interfaces. So I think that I cannot configure a trunk interface to flow all the VLANs between the Switch and the Router.

As an alternative I was wondering if I can create the the default gateway of the VLANs on the switch and then I route the traffic between the switch and the Router.

2 questions:

Is it possible to create Switch Virtual Interfaces (SVI)s and this way the switch would be the gateway for the VLANs? 

Is it possible to create static route on the switch poiting default route to the router?

thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Inter VLAN routing & switch virtual interfaces
2020-10-21 09:54:44

Dear @Lyrio,

However, I can see that this router doesnt support VLAN TRUNK interfaces (am I wrong?)  neither sub-interfaces. So I think that I cannot configure a trunk interface to flow all the VLANs between the Switch and the Router.

Only TL-R470T+ V6 supports VLAN trunk. And the TL-R470T+ does not support Multi-Nets NAT, which means it can only handle one IP subnet network.

Is it possible to create Switch Virtual Interfaces (SVI)s and this way the switch would be the gateway for the VLANs? 

Is it possible to create static route on the switch poiting default route to the router?

I'm afraid not. The router and switch may not meet your requirements.

If you are trying to build up a network with multiple VLANs and subnets, please refer to the instruction below.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/887/

Note: click This Article Applies to for the supported devices.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Inter VLAN routing & switch virtual interfaces
2020-10-21 12:44:19

@Fae thanks for your explanation. 

some new questions:

Do you see any problem if I use TL-R470T+ V6 with 1 simple subnet but various VLANs?

Does the T1500G-10PS support VLAN trunk?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1621

Replies: 2

Related Articles