I'd like some feedback please of what I am proposing as this will be the first time i've used TP-Link in a rollout of this magnitude.
The photo attached you will see 2 blue lines originating from one source. One line is 230m and the other line is 298m.
The place of origin is the main station.
You will see that there are about 60 buildings.
In all those buildings there will be 1 PLC device that requires networking back to the main station.
There will be more buildings going up and the farthermost buildings will be at the outermost point of the blue lines (230m to the left and 298m to the right).
Factors to consider
- Each building needs to be wirelessly networked due to cabling constraints
- Each building will have line of sight to the main station and is quite flat
- A building maybe isolated of power for works so at any given time a building will have no power
- Each building will have one PLC device that requires only one IP address per building
- The PLC's selected have an Ethernet interface to ensure there is no latency
- There currently are a small number of antennas used for proof of concept (CPE-510) and would be good to utilise these in the proposed setup
- The data traveling across the network will be a 1 or 0 signal to inform the PLC to turn on or off
With the factors above the solution picked will be have an Omni-directional outdoor antenna sitting on the main station and have 1 antenna (CPE-510 is what I am hoping to use) will be sitting on each house pointing back to the Omni-directional outdoor antenna.
I am proposing these products to achieve what I want:
- "TL-ANT2415MS - 2.4G 15dBi 2x2 MIMO Sector Antenna" sitting on the main station
- 100 × CPE-510 antennas sitting on the 100 buildings pointing back to the "TL-ANT2415MS - 2.4G 15dBi 2x2 MIMO Sector Antenna" that is sitting on the main station
On https://www.tp-link.com/au/business-networking/antenna-and-accessory/tl-ant2415ms/ it mentions "Easy Installation, seamlessly integrated with the Pharos Base Station WBS210"
Why does it mention the Pharos Base Station WBS210? For this setup to occur do I need to have a PC installed on site at the location I am dubbin "Main Station"?
Would what I am proposing work? Should I be going the 5Ghz over the 2.4Ghz?
Are there any caveats I am missing or failed to consider?
I appreciate your feedback and thank you heaps in advance.
My background is computer networking and have setup some wireless outdoor antenna and access point networks in the past but in the Unifi range. I won't be offended how basic your comments or suggestions are as I am willing to learn and do this right and I could have missed something in the past.