Extend the number of LAGs (Port Trunks)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 17:55:38
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20191021 Rel.53360

Hello,

I have a question regarding the link aggregation limit on the TL-SG108E.

I have three SG108Es connected with 2 LAGs: SWITCH0 ==(LAG1)== SWITCH1 ==(LAG2)== SWITCH2

Now I bought an additional SG108E because SWITCH0 reached its port limit and I do not have enough space for replacing SWITCH0 with a biggger one.

So I thought I could add another LAG between the new Switch and SWITCH0 like that: SWITCHNEW ==(LAG1)== SWITCH0 ==(LAG1)== SWITCH1 ==(LAG2)== SWITCH2

This way SWITCH1 has 2 LAGs (Ports 1/2 and 5/6) and SWITCH0 also has 2 LAGs (Ports 1/2 and 5/6). The new switch and SWITCH2 have 1 LAG each. With this setup I do not reach the limit of 2 LAGs per switch!

The problem ist that it does not work. As soon as I connect the 2nd cable for my LAG to SWITCHNEW the port-LEDs start flashing orange and the connection is lost. So maybe I misunderstood something? Is it "2 LAGs per Network MAX" instead of "2 LAGs per Switch MAX"?

Thank you in advance for your patience and possible solutions or sugggestions,

Luziferi

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extend the number of LAGs (Port Trunks)
2020-11-03 19:02:57

UPDATE: When disabling "Loop prevention" it works but I have a bad feeling about this. So obviously I run into a loop when activating the LAG on the new switch.

Options
Re:Extend the number of LAGs (Port Trunks)
2020-11-05 10:25:38

Dear @luziferi,

The problem ist that it does not work. As soon as I connect the 2nd cable for my LAG to SWITCHNEW the port-LEDs start flashing orange and the connection is lost. So maybe I misunderstood something? Is it "2 LAGs per Network MAX" instead of "2 LAGs per Switch MAX"?

Please access the web UI of these switches to verify if you can see the corresponding LAG groups showing up in the table.

If the LAG groups show up correctly, the LAG configuration should be fine.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 2

Related Articles