EAP 245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP 245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP 245
EAP 245
2020-11-03 22:42:40 - last edited 2023-10-27 12:53:51
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have 3 x EAP245 and everything is connected with cable from one to the other, I see that on EAPP245 there is a POE Ethernet input and an Ethernet input, so I can connect them in series? with the same SSID
The first receives the internet and is connected to the second with cable and so on ... in this assembly are there any losses on the last EAP245?

The purpose of the assembly is to have wifi in all the rooms

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP 245 -Solution
2020-11-04 18:55:21 - last edited 2023-10-27 12:53:51

Welcome @GSApartner,

Yes, I believe this should work, provided you use a PoE midspan injector prior to each EAP (the PoE does not pass through).  Daisy chaining the EAP's has no impact on their configuration options.  But, if you are using Omada/SDN software management, I'm not sure if the management software can "see" and adopt the 2nd and 3rd EAP's (never tried).

In this configuration, all three EAP's are sharing the same 1 Gbit/sec ethernet bandwidth, but this likely won't be a problem unless you have a large number of simultaneous wireless users.  Keep in mind, each EAP, if fully utilized, could produce ~600-700 Mbit/sec of data.

But, keep in mind, most AP's don't support daiy chaning like this.  So, from my perspective, while you are pulling cable, you would be wise to pull a separate cable for each.  That way, when you upgrade to different AP's in a few years (e.g. Wifi6 or 6E), it's just a direct swap.

-Jonathan

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 245 -Solution
2020-11-04 18:55:21 - last edited 2023-10-27 12:53:51

Welcome @GSApartner,

Yes, I believe this should work, provided you use a PoE midspan injector prior to each EAP (the PoE does not pass through).  Daisy chaining the EAP's has no impact on their configuration options.  But, if you are using Omada/SDN software management, I'm not sure if the management software can "see" and adopt the 2nd and 3rd EAP's (never tried).

In this configuration, all three EAP's are sharing the same 1 Gbit/sec ethernet bandwidth, but this likely won't be a problem unless you have a large number of simultaneous wireless users.  Keep in mind, each EAP, if fully utilized, could produce ~600-700 Mbit/sec of data.

But, keep in mind, most AP's don't support daiy chaning like this.  So, from my perspective, while you are pulling cable, you would be wise to pull a separate cable for each.  That way, when you upgrade to different AP's in a few years (e.g. Wifi6 or 6E), it's just a direct swap.

-Jonathan

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1

Related Articles