Multiple CPE210s in a Daisy Chain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 01:49:22 - last edited 2020-11-10 07:52:20
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2

Greetings,

I've been stuck for two days and hope the community can help.  I need to beam a wifi signal in the shape of an "L" around a large obstacle and have four CPE210s to work with. 

At the top end is a CPE210 (call it "A") in Access Point mode with an Ethernet cable connected from its LAN port to a router. 

At the bottom end is a CPE210 (call it "D") with its LAN port connected to a POE switch to which a 4K security camera is also connected. 

In the middle where the signal needs to turn 90 degrees to get around the obstacle are two CPE210s (call them "B" and "C") that are close enough together that their LAN ports can be connected via a short Ethernet cable (in other words, they're on the same pole).

What is the best configuration/mode for each CPE210?

How would the answer differ if I wanted CPE210 "D" (at the bottom closest to the camera) to also rebroadcast its wifi signal so that other wireless devices could connect to it?  Would doing this compromise the throughput?

THANK YOU in advance.  I'm sure the answers are straightforward, but I'm just not able to lock them in.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple CPE210s in a Daisy Chain
2020-11-16 02:11:37

Dear @Jackson223,

In the middle where the signal needs to turn 90 degrees to get around the obstacle are two CPE210s (call them "B" and "C") that are close enough together that their LAN ports can be connected via a short Ethernet cable (in other words, they're on the same pole).

What is the best configuration/mode for each CPE210?

The recommended configuration for each CPE210:

CPE210 A in AP mode )))((( CPE210 B in Client mode -----CPE210 C in AP mode )))((( CPE210 D in Client mode

How would the answer differ if I wanted CPE210 "D" (at the bottom closest to the camera) to also rebroadcast its wifi signal so that other wireless devices could connect to it?  Would doing this compromise the throughput?

CPE210 A in AP mode )))((( CPE210 B in Client mode -----CPE210 C in AP mode )))((( CPE210 D in Repeater/Bridge mode

The throughput will be half cut in a wireless connection, and the wireless signal of the device in Bridge/Repeater mode is normally weaker than that in other modes. If you would like to have 360° wireless coverage at the bottom end, it's recommended to consider adding an EAP Outdoor product (such as EAP110-Outdoor) after the CPE210 D Client.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Multiple CPE210s in a Daisy Chain
2020-11-16 13:03:43

@Fae Thank you very much -- I will give that a try!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 2