Port Isolation feature in Omada Switch SG2428P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 16:07:08
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest factory installed

Hello all,

Can someone confirm that the port isolation feature also works on the trunk ports set up to connect to downstream switches?

I remember this feature in traditional Cisco edge switches where "switchport protected" command under any port causes such ports to become isolated and they can only talk upstream. But if we have multiple edge switches connected to a distribution core switch, then this isolation breaks outside of that edge switch. If we set port isolation on the higher level switch, then it wil ensure that there is no communication between ports belonging to different edge switches.

I only have one SG2428P switch, so I cannot test and hoping someone may have tried this on a multiple of switches set up (1500/1600/2600 also has this feature).

Looking at the SDN controller switch port configs, this checkbox for port isolation is available depsite default ALL trunk profile, so I guess answer is yes and this does work with two APs setup on trunk ports. But not sure what will be behaviour of switch to switch trunk ports with port isolation setup on upper switch towards lower switch.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1227

Replies: 0