5Ghz Bridge to 2.4Ghz Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 18:08:13 - last edited 2020-11-10 07:55:40
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a distant house Im trying to connect to. It is about 600' away with lots of buildings and trees in the way of a point to point connection. I want to use the two CPE710 devices I purchased to establish a 5Ghz bridge from point A to point B (I have line of sight, 250') and then another 2.4Ghz wireless bridge from point C to D (I have line of sight, 350’). In essence it is a wireless bridge using a middle point to function as a relay so I will have clear line of sight. My question is what configuration(s) do I need for this?

Here is what I think... (A) 5Ghz Access Point - - - (B) 5Ghz Client then what do I need to do to get to the 2.4Ghz Bridge? Is it set up in the same configuration? Do I need to worry about IP, MAC, etc... or is the wireless connection passed through both proprietary bridges as if it was just a long ethernet cable?

Options
1 Reply
Re:5Ghz Bridge to 2.4Ghz Bridge
2020-11-16 02:50:58

Dear @Layton141,

Here is what I think... (A) 5Ghz Access Point - - - (B) 5Ghz Client then what do I need to do to get to the 2.4Ghz Bridge? Is it set up in the same configuration? Do I need to worry about IP, MAC, etc... or is the wireless connection passed through both proprietary bridges as if it was just a long ethernet cable?

Right, you can take the wireless connection as a long ethernet cable. The configuration could be like this:

AP mode at point A )))5GHz wireless((( Client mode at point B ---wired--- AP mode at point C )))2.4GHz wireless((( Client mode at point D

To avoid IP conflict, please set a unique IP address for the four devices respectively, for example, 192.168.0.254, 192.168.0.253...

In addition, the throughput might be cut down when the connection changed from 5GHz to 2.4GHz. If you have a requirement on the bandwidth, it's suggested to use another pair of 5GHz wireless bridge which has Gigabit Ethernet port.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 1

Related Articles