Upload Mac filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upload Mac filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Upload Mac filtering
Upload Mac filtering
2020-11-09 02:55:43
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.21.0

Hello,

I have several APs with 3 VLAN each, 2 of the VLANs have MAC filtering.

Is it possible to upload a list of MAC addresses (SSH, FTP) in MAC Filtering instead of using the GUI and entering them one at the time ? 

Or even better a centralized list and the AP refresh the list automatically wink?

Thank you,

S

Options
6 Reply
Re:Upload Mac filtering
2020-11-09 18:33:25

@Soruam as far as i understood you will need a radius server for such functionality. For me it's ridiculous you cannot atleast establish a MAC format for that like xA:xx:xx:xB. At same is non sense in a today system you cannot upload an excel or text file with a list.

complex things are implemented simple first year college things don't...perplex

Options
2020-11-09 19:28:11

@Xstreem Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Just a simple SSH command where you past a comma saparated list of MAC would do it. Maybe they are listening and future software revision would have it.

Thank you

Options
2020-11-09 19:38:45

@Soruam maybe...

Options
2020-11-10 13:16:36

All,

FYI, I did find, in the Omada SDN interface, under the WLAN settings for each SSID you can BATCH import a whitelist or blacklist of MAC addresses. BUT, I do not believe it supports wild cards.

Settings => Wireless Networks => Edit SSID => Enable MAC Filter => Manage MAC Groups => Create a New Group => Batch Add

"Note:
1.Each MAC address and name should be entered on a new line. The MAC address and name should be separated by a space.
2.Octets in a MAC address should be separated by a hyphen. For example, AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF."

-Jonathan

Options
2020-11-10 13:19:53

@JSchnee21 thanks John nice to have even if in my case i would need wildcards

Options
2020-11-11 17:25:17

@JSchnee21 Although I am in a mix environment (Omada AP and Ubiquiti router & switch) that could be a possible solution.  I wish the AP have the possibility, under SSH, to just upload a CSV file.  I will look in to that.

Thank you

M

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 919

Replies: 6